TI-H: Turboing/TI-82 SWITCH WORKS!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Turboing/TI-82 SWITCH WORKS!!!

>I turboed my calc by C9 removal, and it ran at 3-3.5 times the normal
>speed.  However, when I added a switch (by soldering a wire to the
bottom
>terminal, the old cap to the top terminal, a wire to the other side of
the
>cap, and then both wires to the switch, with a 1pF cap between the two
>wires at the switch), it only runs at twice the normal speed.  I know
it
>should slow down a little because of the capacitance of the wires, but
is
>it normal to slow down that much.  Thanks.

I donn't know for sure, but I was doing some expiriments on a TI-82 I
built and I discovered a very PROMISING feature for stray capacitance in
the wires! I was able to get my TI-82 to run 2.383 times faster than
normal without buying any hard to find capacitors or anything! I have
not had lines on my screen, and it runs without errors!!!

I used some extra long wires because I installed my turbo swich on the
wrong side (all the wires have to be on the same side if you install a
SPinTerface port), so the wires had to wrap back over themselves. I also
have a solder joint between the wires. I know it works because I actualy
did this and it RUNS!!!

The fact that the TI-82 isn't supposed to run on less than a 15pf
capacitor and sometimes requres a higher one may mean that stray
capacitance in wires may be higher than we possibly thought it was!!!

I hope the TI-82 turbo switch can be recreated. The wires connect to the
two terminals of the old cap location and it runs to the left side of
the calc, raised to right below the memory chip. It goes to the other
side and conects to the switch at the left end of the back case when
laying open The switch is a large one, layed sideways. The cap connects
to the middle and top pin. the top and botto pins have the two wires
connected. The bottom pin and the middle have nothing between them.
There is a 1.5-2 inch wire between the switch and the other wire. The
wires are soldered together about a third of the case width from the
left. I am not sure if this is important, but It crashed with C7
removal, screwed up the screen with 2 inch wires, and runs great on the
doubled over wires.

Hope this helps!!!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com