Re: TI-H: TI-85 MIDI interface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI-85 MIDI interface

> The TI-85 link port is capable of sending/recieving data at the speed
>of the MIDI transmission protocol, so a MIDI interface for the TI85
>would be simply a matter of timing and hardware. The timing part is
done
>- I dug out my Z80 code and found my sources for a MIDIlib (well
>actually someones wavlib with some nop's and loops added for timing
>purposes), which I would be more than happy to send to anyone
interested
>in this. A MIDI output port for the TI85 would be extremely cheap to
>make, to my understanding a +5V DC source and a transistor would be
>enough.

I was considering using an emulated waveform generator to create 8-bit
sound, but I'm thinking that more hardware and a real waveform generator
would be better for processor power. If you could program the attack,
sustain, reverb, decay stuff into little data packets and create a
library called, MIDIOUT.LIB, you might be able to have a waveform
generator emulate the instrument sounds by sending out the waveform data
packets. The programming is beyond me, but I might beable to create
hardware for it. If you could do a MIDI input hardware that would record
the MIDI data and do the software, I think you could have an excelent
thing for the calcs. sound is so difficult to di because it's simple yet
processing intensive. Just outputing waveform data to a waveform
generator like the SID chip would solve those complex computation
problems and free up processor power!

Also, you mentioned 5v+ supply needed! My SPinTerface port may be
perfect. It draws power from the calcs batteries to power little
cartridges. Check it out on my web page if it sounds feasible for this
MIDI recorder.

Just an Idea!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com