Re: TI-H: Multiple device control

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Christopher Kalos wrote:

> Well, I think that Osma (Ozone) solved my problem:  Multiple device
> control seems possible now (via his I2C routines).  Now we just need
> devices to be connected to this port.  The sound device (notice, no
> SPI), an Ex*nder, and a wireless link in one may be feasible now.
> There's just one device that I need to find:  a 2.5 mm two way stereo
> splitter.  I figure it's the best way to implement the multimaster
> net, as it allows  one calc to connect to the next, and so on, with a
> minimum of wires (n-1 for n calcs).  Of course, I don't know if the
> combined resistance will cause problems if a calc is transmitting to
> one at the end of the chain.  Perhaps this could be remedied by
> connecting them in a ring?
> Devices wouldn't have this problem, because I feel that they could all
> be placed into a device about the size of two Gameboy carts, as long
> as the radio/IR link can be made small.
> Christopher Kalos
> raptorone@geocities.com
> raptor_one@hotmail.com
> Executive Director/Administrator
> Virtual Technologies Developer's Group

I'm not sure if this may be of any help or not, but, I have a splitter
for my walkman and I notice that it takes more power to run both
headphones (obviously). I'm assuming that this will be the same with the
calcs but not as severe. I don't know what the resistances on the
splitters are either, but, I first thought of remedeing the prob by
suggesting a powered hub to amplify the signal, then I realized that
each calc in the chain could be used as an amplifier. One calc transmits
a signal to the next calc in the chain, it checks if its for that calc,
and resends it to the next one. Maybe this is a possible suggestion for
getting a network together, then again maybe not (too slow?)

Damien

Follow-Ups: References: