Re: TI-H: 9 volt battery and the SPinterface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Matrix X Phantom wrote:

> I finally got to reading my old messages and read soemthing about the
> low-drowpout problem happening with less than 9 volts.  If you read my
> earlyer message about my External SPinterface you may know that it used a
> 9volt.  Would this make it almost imune to the problem pluging others
> using the 78L05 in the SPinterface?

Yes, using a 78L05 with anything >= 8 volts or so is perfectly safe.
In fact, its what I am doing with the Extender uP prototype (The PCB
revision, not the breadboard which I use now)

The problem is that 78L05s are pretty crappy regulators anyway, and
you'd
be better off with a low drop out regulator since they are usually more
precise and more immune to power dips anyway. Even so, your 78L05 will
work perfectly fine.

Bryan Rittmeyer
bryanr@flash.net