Re: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.

On Sat, 16 Aug 1997 18:38:44 PDT "Joe Martis" <bungix@hotmail.com>
writes:
>The gameboy uses the exact chip as the TI-8x, a Z80 4Mhz. I came
>across
>this site "http://www.freeflight.com/fms/" that has a gameboy emulator
>
>and other Z80 emulators, all including scource. I whould hope that
>making a cart for the SPI (SPinTerface) and a shell prog to read the
>rom
>chip would rule. Scince the GB (gameboy) carts are at least 512k each
>these SPI carts would be necesary.
>
>-Joe Martis

This has come up before, several months ago.  I believe the GB uses a
slightly modified Z80 which is why you can't just download a .gb file to
your Ti and run.  Also, the gameboy supports true grayscale and 8-bit
stereo sound, neither of which are capable on the Tis.  However, it may
be possible to dissasemble .gb files, convert the necessary code, and
reassemble them into z-shell programs or whatever.  I'm just theorizing
though so I'm sure someone will point out the flaw in my reasoning...

Dave