TI-H: Re: Hya Richard.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: Hya Richard.

>From: "Austin Butler" <corndog@flash.net>
>To: "Richard Piotter" <richfiles@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: Hya Richard.
>Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 16:38:44 -0700
>
>I want everything.  No matter how useless it is, I want it.  I want
>temperature, LED, IR link, little joystick (there's an idea!), little
mouse,
>speaker, but mainly THE EXPANDER!!!!!!!  I WISH I had one of those damn
>chips...   Do you have any idea where I could get one?
>
>This new strip of multiple connectors, should I wait till it is done?
> And also, what is a EII/II/EuP.  Some type of chip?  Some IRC guy said
>get that when I asked around for a chip.  Mel seems to be working on a
new
>one with 512K or something.
>
>Oh yeah, do you have ICQ???
>
>Idea, a clock.  A real time clock that Usgard (with a TSR) can grab
info
>from and use.  I guess that should use it's own battery...
>
>Thanks,
>@u$+!N

Do you have an expander or an expander chip. I am getting two. I normaly
would not sell it, but if you can't find one on your own to send to me
and put into an Expander cart, I might be willing to sellmine. It
dependes on if I have enough memory left on the one I keep. Chances are
that I'll keep both, but if Mel Doesn't have anymore (you can ask him)
and no one will sell you one (put a "want add" into TI-H), and if I feel
certain I have enough memory on one chip, I could possibly sell it to
you. It's a 1 Meg chip.

I can still do the SPinTerface and the temp sensor, etc. How many ports
do you want/need on a SPinTerface port strip. $20 for 2 and $5 for
additional ones.

It won't be for a while, but I want to create a cart with an expander,
an 1/8-bit sound interface, and a temp meter. If someone comes up with a
working design, I'd add a clock or anything else. I can't do the
programming, but it would use I2C, and I KNOW that I2C works. It may
require its own batteries, because if it's too big, it could cause
problems, but I think a simple one can be built with the SPinTerface
power supply and not EAT current. Who wants an A/D D/A converter for lab
or class use or stuff like that.

The only thing is that I wan't it to interface trough I2C. You can use
multiple devices with it and they don't interfere with link opperations,
making a through link port possible. If I do this, It will take time,
but I think it would be worth it to combine all those things together.

I will install a SPinTerface on your calc if you still want it. I can do
the temp meter, sound cart, multi port cart strip, and the expander if
you provide the chip. If you can't provide the chip, and I'm sure I
won't need mine, then I could build an SF Expander cart for $40. If you
get an expander II or III later on, I will do conversions into
SPinTerface carts. I think I can make relatively small carts that will
be very easy to handle.

Someone said they were working on a joystick. If they finnish, I'll get
the design and see if it can't be made to run the arrow keys or as a
variable position joystick, selectable by software???

Ideas are welcome!   (:

Hope you get your Expander chip!!!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com