TI-H: Re: schematic

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: schematic

>Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 21:49:05 -0500
>From: Tony Do <tonyd@execpc.com>
>To: richfiles@hotmail.com
>Subject: schematic
>
>Hi Richard,
>
>I just finished installing the SPinTerface into my TI-83.  I did notice
>a small foible while I was putting it in...
>
>On both your schematic diagram and the two diagrams showing the back of
>the 10-pin connector there is a pin shown that is not being used (as a
>key..)  BUt if you'll notice, the schematic is incorrect, as the key
pin
>should be in the top pin in the center first row, as you state in the
>paragraph...
>
>The latter two diagrams are correct, right?  Please don't tell me I
have
>to go back and change the ribbon cable.  IT was a nightmare!!
>
>Tony

I hope this helps. This is a view of the way a SPinTerface connector
looks (outside of the calc, looking att the finnished female connector)

|                                            |
|  5v+    Gnd     Power     No      Data     |
| (out)
          (in)    Connect   (tip)    |
|                                            |
|  5v+    Gnd     Power   Sig Gnd   Clock    |
| (out)           Batt+    (base)  (middle)  |
|____________________________________________|

That is how the signals should come out of the calc. Test them. If they
are wrong, some carts won't work. I realy hope you did it right the
first time, cause I know what it takes to fix those connector cables
just right. I've done 6 of them!!!  )-`;

Tough stuff to work with!

I wish you luck and I'll have to fix my page, it isn't even got all the
pieces to it!

Good Luck

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com