Re: TI-H: Re: SPinterFace/Guarantee

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: SPinterFace/Guarantee

>Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 21:46:32 -0400
>To: richfiles@hotmail.com
>From: Joseph Gaffney <gaffney@thethinker.com>
>Subject: Re: TI-H: Re: SPinterFace/Good news (=
>
>At 06:20 PM 8/15/97 PDT, you wrote:
>>The cost isn't much. I will do the job for $20 (covers parts for
calc=20
>>and shipping).
>
>Do you need the calculator sent to you?  If so, will you pay for it in
case
>it is broken under your care?  Can it be made by you then attached into
the
>calculator? =3D)  (I like to cover my ass and make sure I have to be as
clos=
>to my stuff as possible =3D)...)
>
>>As for carts, I charge $5 per cart, PLUS cost for any=20
>>special components (usualy rounded up to every $5). This means that
if=20
>>you wanted a speaker cart, I would charge $5, plus another $5 to
cover=20
>>the speaker. If you bought two carts and the price of special
components=20
>>is under $5, then I'll only charge $5 extra once, so it's cheaper.
>
>Do you know of anything as yet compatible with the 86?  Could you list
them
>for me pls?  Thanks =3D)
>

>|------------------------------------------------------------|
>|         Joseph M. Gaffney - gaffney@thethinker.com         |
>|------------------------------------------------------------|
>|           "Tiocfaidh =C1r L=E1" / "Our Day Will Come"          |
>|  "If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Off My Face"  |
>|------------------------------------------------------------|
>|                   The Creative Outlet                      |
>|       http://www.thethinker.com/members/gaffney/           |
>|------------------------------------------------------------|

The speaker cart is compatible, the I2C temp meter is compatible, but I
don't know if there is software to read it yet.

I really aren't sure what software has been ported to the 86. The
hardware is compatible, but the software may not be. If you want, you
could wait to install it till later, but there will be devices for the
86 mainly because it had so much power and memory, and I think it will
get popular.

If you chose to wait, it's up to you, but if you get it done right away,
that's OK too.

It's vert difficult to send things with a guarantee, but my guarantee is
that if your calc is broken by me, I will replace it. I also send stuff
via insured mail. If it is broken or lost on the way, you get it
covered. If you wanted to, you could even insure it for more than it's
worth, and if it's lost or damaged, you get paid  what it's insured for.
So if it got lost in the mail, and I insured it for $200, you would get
$200. Also, if it's worth anything to you, I have never once lost a calc
to an error or accident on my part. I intend to keep it that way. The
SPinTerface instalation is almost entirely separate from the main board.
Ther are only 5 connections to the main board. All 5 are at the bottom
of it, making it completely isolated from the delicate circuitry near
the top. The only part that is in real danger is the screen, and it
isn't even touched or exposed, even with the calc open. Don't worry. The
packages are marked fragile. I will pay for any damages if the postal
insurance doesn't cover the damage.

That's my guarantee. You have my address, you have my name. If I don't
live up to my guarantee, you can tell the world about it. I don't know a
better guarantee than that.

I hope you feel safe about your investment. I'd be reluctant too, but a
guarantee is a guarantee! I promise that if postal insurance won't cover
damages, or if I damage it, I WILL pay it in full!

Hope you can trust my abilitys (-:

thanks for asking though!!!

Richard Piotter

richfiles@hotmail.com