Re: TI-H: ti-92 as an e-mail machine

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-92 as an e-mail machine

pop3, the protocol generally used for receiving mail by a machine without a
permanent connection to the network, is a fairly simple protocol.  As is
smtp, the method of sending mail.  I have no clue about tcp/ip, tho.

At 02:40 8/13/97 -0700, dunkind@juno.com wrote:
>I've heard some mention of developing a ti-modem or a way to connect an
>external PC modem to the link port.  If this were done, the 92 would be a
>cinch to make into an e-mail machine because it already handles text
>variables.  A direct connection to an e-mail server might require too
>much code (I'm not sure, but TCP/IP and POP3 sound like protocols which
>would require large programs) but it would take just a little terminal
>program in host mode on your PC and a event scheduled macro to
>up/download your mail from the internet and then make it available to the
>host mode terminal.  I thought this would be a great thing to have as I
>suffered through a family vacation last weekend :)

---
Kevin McCoy
AtheistTechieVulcanTubaGod
Technician - Myles Reif Performing Arts Center, Grand Rapids, MN
IRC - Sethar - IRCop on barovia.dal.net

Try DALnet!  www.dal.net ftp.dal.net irc.dal.net