Re: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.

>Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 22:05:53 -0400
>From: Kevin Buck <mckbuck@coastalnet.com>
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.
>
>I was reading on Richfiles, underProgramming tips and Tricks, and he
>brought up how The GAMEBOY, and other hand held video Gaming devices
>(other than TI-Calcs) use assembly languages on their game carts.
Would
>it be possible for someone to develop A type of chip, or chips that
>could be used primarily for a single lone game, and I mean an awesome
>game.  Then put it into the Spinterface cart, and then make a special
>interrupt driven _shell_, or whatever that is completely ZShell
>compatible, yet when you plug the game cart into the Spinterface port,
>then turn the power on, you would then be running the cart.  So, this
>_shell_, upon turning on the calc, runs a test on the Spinterface port,
>that sees if anything is connected, if not, starts up normally, if so,
>directly runs the game on the cart.  Does any of this sound feasible at
>all?
>--
>

>				    Sincerely,
>				    Kevin

>And always remember to shoot for the moon, because
>even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars!
>
>     ***********************************
>     **         My E-mail address:    **
>     **           elbo@usa.net        **
>     *****************************************
>     **              Homepage:              **
>     **   http://www.geocities.com/~kelbo   **
>     ****************************************************************
>     ** One more thing, go to the following link to vote for the   **
>     **       page logo for a game a few guys are making:          **
>     ** http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/8557/vote.htm **
>     ****************************************************************
>	     _   __   ____    _       _____    _____
>	    | | / /  | ___|  | |     |  _  |  |  _  |
>	    | |/ /   | |__   | |     | |_| |  | | | |
>	    |   <    |  __|  | |     |  _-<   | | | |
>	    | |\ \   | |__   | |__   | |_| |  | |_| |
>	    |_| \_\  |____|  |____|  |_____|  |_____|

Yes! It probably would be easy to do, as long as you have a simple
circuit and the program works. The data would have to be loaded and run,
but it would probably be possible. I have also been looking into I2C and
there is an 8-bit interface chip. It might be possible to create a cart
that would allow multiple devices (Speakers, memory, etc) to be
connected. That would make things like Expander games with sound or a
C++ cart with another SPinTerface plug for an expander to store things!
Games would work too. It may be necessary to use a microcontroller for
something this complex, but I do feel certain that it is possible!

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A
HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html">The