Re: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: An idea for separate game carts.

I think I have a better idea of what he is saying.  He is talking about a read-
only chip.  You could use a serial EPROM (One-time programmable memory)
instead of a EEPROM (Electrically erasable).  The OS would still have to be
able to recognize the cartridge.  I think it would be a good idea.  Perhaps
some sort of recognition routines will need to be written, but it shouldn't be
impossible.  The only downside is that that whole idea starts to move towards
selling games.  One reason I liked this whole TI network of programmers was
because you could get stuff for free.  The equipment to make the standard
EPROMs costs about $100 dollars for low-end.  Besides, then you have to get into
mail ordering the cartridges.  It isn't that great an idea.