Re: TI-H: Radio links

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Radio links

Christopher Kalos wrote:

> I'd give up the ghost right now if I were you.  It's not just outside
> interference, it's the Calc itself.  Place yourself in any sufficiently
> shielded room with your calc and a portable radio.  Turn on the radio,
> any station will do, all you'll hear is static.
> Next turn on your calc.  You'll hear a buzzing sound, and all kinds of
> beeps and the like.  Now, if your calc can screw up radio reception,
> imagine what it can do to your proposed transmitters.
> It probably CAN be done, but you're going to need some incredible
> shielding to pull it off.

Nuhh-uhh. I imagine you're talking about the AM band, since I highly
doubt the calc can mess up the high frequency FM band (it isn't
clocking at a high enough speed, most likely) Now, the thing is,
the range of frequencies that would most likely be used for an RF link
would be in the area of 300-400 MHz since this penetrates walls and
such better but doesn't propagate quite far enough to cause major
interfearence with other devices in that range.

I can almost guarentee the calc would not mess up an RF link in the
range of 300-400 MHz. I don't have the specific frequencies off hand,
but I think 318 MHz or so was one of them, which was certainly well
above what the calc could emitt in any significant amount. (I am
talking about the Linx devices, which, BTW, look very cool. Thanks
to the guy who posted that URL)

Regards,

Bryan Rittmeyer
bryanr@flash.net