TI-H: Re: SPinterface

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: SPinterface

>To: richfiles@hotmail.com
>Subject: Re: SPinterface
>From: justin.bosch%tfexchng@min.net (JUSTIN BOSCH)
>Date: Sat, 09 Aug 97 14:37:00 -0500
>
>-> >Hello,
>-> >I visited your web site and read about the SPinterface.  I have no
>-> >electronics knowledge, although I do know z80, and was wondering if
>-> >you'll get the parts and install it for a fair cost.  It's nice to
>-> know >though that people will work hard on a design and then release
>-> it to >everyone's benefit.
>->
>-> I have built two SPinTerfaces so far. One in my calculator and the
>-> other I just soldered the stuff together for a friend. It was
>-> extremely difficult to get it right without the actual calc. I'm not
>-> sure how I would go about building one for you, though I would if I
>-> could. I can however tellyou where to get the parts.
>
>I do know one kid who might be able to help but I know he won't because
>I already got him to build me a graph link.  How much do all the parts
>cost?  Could you give me the phone numbers of those places that have
>them please?  Thanks very much.

You can buy all the parts from RadioShack except for the 10-pin Female
connector. The connector is the same kind that is on the ribbon cable
leading from the serial port on the back of a PC. See if you can't buy
one at a local computer store. If you can't, then try digiKey. Their
page is  http://www.digikey.com and their number is 1-800-344-4539. I'm
not sure of the others right now though. Try the computer store first
for stuff.

Good luck

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com