Re: TI-H: SPinTerface speaker and IR Link Carts

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: SPinTerface speaker and IR Link Carts

>Date: Fri, 08 Aug 1997 09:59:06 -0400
>From: Your Name <userid@erols.com>
>To: richfiles@hotmail.com
>Subject: IR cart and speaker cart
>
>Dear Richard Piotter,
>	I read on your web page "the Richfiles" that you designed a IR link
>cart and speaker cart.  Please send me the information on these two
>carts.  I have built your SPinTerface in my ti-85.  I am very exited
>about the prospect of building your two devices.
>
>	Thank you,
>	David Osei
> kodjo@erols.com

I hope I didn't get your hopes up too soon, but I have NOT created an IR
link (but I REEEEEEEELY would like to (-: !!!). I have not designed or
built a speaker cart, but it is easy. All you need is to get a small
speaker (piezo disc or a tiny speaker like you find in those toy guns
with the flashing LEDs and sounds). I'm pretty sure Radio Shack has
them, but it should be a speaker, not a beeper or buzzer like some are.
There are teo ways to do the actual work. You can just connect the
speaker to the data and clock lines of the SPinTerface port and the
other wire to the ground pin. If you want an amplifier, you can either
build one or get one of those Radio Shack amplifier kits. I havn't tried
it yet, because I just got a cool idea for an IR link, but as soon as I
get around to it, I'll update my web page to include my finnished
speaker plans. It will have a speaker, amp (optional), possibly a switch
to turn the amp on and off (to save power by using the speaker withoit
the amp), and a stereo earphone jack.

The Speaker is easy to make, and an amp just fits between the speaker
and clock/data and connects to the power. If you can wait (a week or two
to a month), I WILL have my speaker cart posted. Also I will try to work
on my IR Link cart.

As for the IR Link idea I mentioned before (READ CAREFULLY)
Why not copy a working IR Link and see how it works. I got my hands on a
"CRAPIO" )-; Secret Sender 6000. It has a link port very similar to the
TI link port, but it also has a built in IR Link. I want to follow the
traces and try to come up with a schematic of this WORKING IR LINK. Even
thought it is a CASIO link, it may work for a TI. The only thing that
has to be true it that BOTH of CASIO's data wires on their link cable
must transmit and recieve. If one transmits while the other recieves, it
probably wont work, but if both wires both can transmit AND recieve,
then copying CASIO's IR link would almost have to work for the TI. After
all, if the hardware in the link works the same, then the only
difference is the data, and the IR link most likely will transmit and
recieve data as is. all I have to do is find out what lies between the
two data wires and the IR led and reciever and then just folloew till I
find ground and 5v+. If I can find all the circuitry between those
points, and if it doesn't have any leads to other points on the board,
then we may have a solution. Maybe someone can even get help fron CASIO!

I can't do this myself, so if someone has ANY equipment with a 3 pin
cable link AND an IR Link, then check it out. The answer to this age old
quest may infact have been solved by CASIO

Richard Piotter

e-mail: richfiles@hotmail.com

home page: <A
HREF="http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html">The