Re: TI-H: IR links

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IR links

Robert W McGrew wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Oct 1996 16:58:28 -0600 Peter Cordes <pcomp@ntsource.com>
> writes:
> >Osma Suominen wrote:

> >children's
> >"registered"?

> >> Yes, I don't mean they're illegal, but homebuilt radio transmitters
> >are
> >> almost always illegal to use. I think even a slightly modified
> >> walkie-talkie is illegal. The things you mentioned are not illegal
> >> unless they're bought from countries with looser regulations like
> >USA.
> >> But as someone pointed out, FCC's policy is about the same; no
> >homebuilt
> >> links in America please.
> >>
> >> Let's end this discussion about legality, OK?
> >>
> >> --
> >> *** Osma Suominen *** ozone@clinet.fi ***
> >http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone
> >> ***
> >also the FCC doesn't really give a shit because my next door
> >neighbor's
> >brother has a CB that i can pick up through my computer speakers even
> >if
> >his car is over a mile(1.609344 km) away. just go and build whatever
> >radio thing you want and use it to your pleasure.
> >PCoMP
> >Visit Maximus Productions home page at: http://www.ntsource.com/~pcomp
> >Watch for the MPG3 series of games to be coming out soon.
> >

> I know!  I live on a very busy highway, and listen to whole conversations
> that truckers have over my computer speakers  (really freaks out my
> friends when they come over to play US Navy Fighters on  my PC, hearing
> someone say "There's a smokey waitin' for ya' just over that hill!"   :-)
>
> Wasn't the government talking about doing away with the FCC at one time?
> Be pretty nice, if you ask me, all they seem to do is get in the way.
>
> Anyway, that gives me an idea:  How about once we get a wireless link
> going, we get a multi-calc chat going.  One calc could serve as the
> server and take in the signals from the other calcs, along with an
> encoded signature so that the server knows who's "saying" what, and then
> the server sends it back out to the "client" calculators.
>
> Just an idea.  Probably quite stupid, and know that I think about it, off
> topic.
>
> -|/|/esley McGrew
> wesleymcgrew@juno.com

But these signals are only gonna be able to transmit like 1000 feet (if
we break the FCC rulees a bit)  Even if we got one as powerful as a radio
station, that wouldn't go far.  Also not everyone in your geographical
area has an RTlink, so chatting is limited.  I'd personally like to see a
modem for zshell come out with software

<pre>
--
Compliments of: