Re: TI-H: IR Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IR Link

>I'm seeing three possibilities in building the link:
[snip]

Well, I'd vote 2.  Concepts of the thing are easy to understand, it's
cheap, easy to build (it wouldn't require a Master's degree in
electronics <g>), and WOULD be compatible with EVERYTHING.  I've used
the circuit b4, and it EASILY goes 50 to 75 feet, even farther with
lenses...  ;)  It also blankets a room, making it pretty much
unnecessary to have the calcs pointed at each other (you wouldn't
have to worry TOO much 'bout people blocking the beam).
1 is not practical, especially since it won't work with TI's ROM
programing...  AND we don't have TI's ROM routines for putting things
into mem, so making software 4 it would be very difficult (it would
most likely be used only for games).
3 is excellent, but INSANELY difficult and pretty expensive.  Also,
who would understand exactly how it works.  ALSO, you'd need a
microcontroller-programmer to put the software into the
microcontroller's ROM, making it impractical for someone who has
little electronics experince.

____
~Keith
FFNP69C@PRODIGY.COM