Re: TI-H: IR Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IR Link

>> > OF A MICROCONTROLLER OR MICROPROCESSOR SOMEWHERE IN THE CIRCUIT.

>> > (Been there, done that.)  It just isn't possible to do with
simple
>> > logic gates, and the two wires on the TI.  You need more power
than
>> > those devices can provide.  I'm NOT trying to shoot down any
ideas,

>  Yes it is.  Use an amplifying transistor.
WHAT???
How the hell would that help anything?  We don't need to amplify
anything!!!

What I meant with that statement was that you could NOT have a
COMPLETELY RELIABLE means of communication between more than two
calcs.

>> I'm not flaming you, but I would like to point out that with a
>> reliable enough IR transmission scheme (maybe using the 556's), it
is
>> possible to do more than two calcs without a microcontroller.
Look

>  Just have a good multi-calc serial protocol.
Just have a VERY >**_GOOD_**< multi-calc serial protocol.
--------

Reguards,

____
~Keith