Re: TI-H: IR-link ideas

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: IR-link ideas

At 23:00 10-25-96 EDT, you wrote:

My Casio Remote control watch has benn doing this for years! ;) Hehe...just
kidding...seriously, if you could hook up the TI-85 to the circuitry of the
Casio R/C watch, you could get an IR link in a VERY small (1" by 1")
package. The watch is $40-$50.

>This message is being posted to Hardware, Zshell, and Zshell adv. because
>of the content.
>
>	A friend of mine came up with this idea:
>
>1. Build an IR-link sender/reciever.
>
>2. Take a remote control from any TV and point it at the reciever of the
>IR link on the calculator.
>
>3. Hit a key on the remote and somehow have the IR-link record the imput
>it gets from the remote.
>
>4. The IR-Link on the calculator could then reproduce the signal.
>
>5. This would create a sort of universal remote.
>
>6. A program could be set up like this:

>Menu:
>1. TV remote
>2. VCR remote
>3. TV at office remote
>
>Then after the selection was made another list would follow:
>ex. if "1" was pressed you would have a list of options to send out of
>the calc IR link.

>The key would be having a Z-shell program to record and interpret the
>signals revieved from remotes etc.
>
>I have no experience in this type of matter at all. Anyone can take up
>this project, just let me know. I will do this by myself or with help if
>no one else wants to do it. I just need some plans for an IR-Link. Tell
>me what you think.
>
>Thanks.
>
>.\\ark

Listen...this is now, this is here, this is me.
This is what I wanted you to see. - R.E.M., "So Fast, So Numb"

Visit my nifty homepage! http://www.ime.net/~pamelnat
Nate's R.E.M. Page: http://www.ime.net/~pamelnat/rem.html
This is Nate, signing off...

Follow-Ups: References: