Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

>>Okay.  You got a program for that?  Then we can all benchmark our
>calcs.
>>
>>"This is the most logical route, Captain"
>>-= Zenon@bbs.nexes.com =-
>>
>(snip)
>
>Who was the guy who made a TI-BASIC stopwatch program that counted as
fast
>as it could for x seconds, then used x as a constant to do timing
functions?
>With a very minor bit of tweaking, this prog. could be used as a
>benchmark/battery capacity tester! Just an idea...

That would be me.  And no, you don't need to tweak it any to us it as a
benchmarker.  You see, I have it display the constant it used to keep the
calculator on time when the program first starts.  That way, I could tell
if I accidentally messed up the varialbe.  I know that on my clac, it
should be about .039.  Also, it tells me how much the calibration has
been changing as the batteries change.  (Not at all, as far as I can
tell...)  Anyways, it's in base 64 at the end of this message.

Here's how you work it.  Dounload it to your TI-85.  On the home screen
type 1->tC (case sensitive) and run the program.  Yyou will see "1" and
"Start at="  1 is the constant.  we'll soon fix it.  Start at tells what
wou want the sterting time to be, in seconds.  Enter 0.  It will say
"Ready".  Hit ENTER and it will start.  After any length of time (30
seconds is good) hit CLEAR.  Any other keypresses during this time will
mess up your calibration.  A menu will appear.  hit F3 for Cal
(calibrate) and it will ask you for the duration of time you waited.
enter 30 if you waited 30 seconds.  You will be back at the start, except
the number will be different.  This number can be used as a benchmark.
Lower is faster. (it's seconds per loop, by the way)

enter 0 again.  now, when you start, every once in a while, hit ENTER.
This will mark the current time.  See how FUN that was?  okay, hit CLEAR
agaon.  Again takes you back to the "Start at" screen  Exit quits the
program.

If you look at the code, you notice that when we display teh time (stored
in x= the number of loops), we also invrease the time, and execute a
do-nothing loop for a while.  this keeps the program from falling behind
while it displays the time.  It jumps a ways ahead, and wates till its
correct, then commences normal operation.  that way, when you hit enter
30 times, you don't end up 10 seconds behind.  The numbers I used are the
smallest ones that work and keeps x as an integer.  The program slows
down if x is non-integer.

If you use this to benchmark your calculator, you have to promise to send
me your benchmark score, guesstimated battery level, and ROM version (I
got a hunch that the ROM 10.0s run this program at about 1.5 times the
rate of the 9.0s... Let's find out if i'm right.)  Plese E-Mail it to
jwenger@juno.com

here's the UUencoded version:

------CUT HERE------

begin 664 TIMER.85P
M*BI423@U*BH:#`!0<F]G<F%M(&amp;9I;&amp;4@9&amp;%T960@,3`O,C4O.38L(#(R.C,Q
M``-"F^>"!Q@!`0D`]``2!51)3452]`#R`.!3`&amp;_L;^DT=$-OYBU3=&amp;%R="!A
M=#T`+S(!>&amp;\2$#(!>'$T=$,O1#``$0LR`7AOZ2T`+RU296%D>2XN+@!OVT-5
M1#$P-0!OWF]O[&amp;]OX$P`;S(!>&amp;!$,0`+,@%X;T,+,@%Y;V_8,@%Y4$0Q,#4`
M;]EOZ31T0W`R`7AO,@%X8$0Q``LR`7AO;V_>;V_8,@%Y540T-0!OX0``3`!O
M;TP01#$`+RU!9V%I;@`O,U,O1#,`+RU#86P`+S-#+T0U`"\M17AI=``O,UAO
M;^!#`&amp;_F+41U<F%T:6]N/0`O,U1O,U1Q,@%X"S1T0V_A``!3`&amp;]OX%@`8TX`

end

------END------

Small, isn't it!
And now in plain text for you poor deprived people who don't have links
:-)

:Lbl S
:ClLCD
:Disp tC
:Input "Start at=",x
:round(x/tC,0)->x
:Disp "","Ready..."
:While getKy =/= 105 (that's is not equal to)
:End
:
:ClLCD
: