TI-H: Re: Re: LZ: A watch?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: Re: LZ: A watch?

On Tue, 22 Oct 1996, Isaac Salpeter wrote:

> > That is exactly the problem.  Someone proposed the idea that on a
> > turboed calc, this is not the case because the RC circuit is no
> > longer used.  If this is the case, then a turboed calc could run a
> > stopwatch program.  But a non-turbo calc will need to be recalibrated
> > very often because as the battery level goes down, the calc will slow
> > down, including the interrupts (I think).
> The "turbo" modification does not eliminate the RC circuit, it simply
> speeds it up.
> If it eliminated the circuit, the TI wouldn't run at all (as it would have
> no clock pulse)

I was the one that originally proposed that.  The reason was that to turbo it,
the most common method is to simply remove the capacitor.  I guess that a test
would have to be done to find out for sure.

(P.S.  I have moved this to ti-hardware.  Please do not reply to list zshell!)

Tony Lieuallen = zarniwoop@juno.com = marvin@mars.superlink.net

"If cars had experienced the same technological progress that computers
have experienced in the last two decades,  cars would get 400 miles per
gallon, have 40,000 horsepower, cost under $500, and blow up at least once
per week, killing all occupants." - Unknown