TI-H: Inside TI83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Inside TI83

FWIW,

I'm in the process of checking out my TI83 now.  Apparently, on the
TI-83, C9 is not a capacitor (there go my acceleration dreams..  :)
It is near the link port at the end of the PC board.  Maybe it is
similar in design to the CE-type TI-85?  The board itself is labeled
"9T883MB-30D" and the date code is "9619."

As far as the backlighting idea goes, there is a ~ 3mm space on either
side of the LCD in the case where some kind of thin, small lighting
device can go.  I don't have a Game Gear so I can't take a look at the
innards of one of those.  I have, however, a dead Casio watch with a
light.  Can't we adapt the idea from one of those, or even better, an
Indiglo watch?  The lighting device used in the watch is rather small.

<pre>
--
 _____
 __  /_______ _______ _____  __   Tony Do - Franklin, WI