Re: TI-H: CE Edition of the 85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: CE Edition of the 85

>On Fri, 18 Oct 1996, The Gray Ghost wrote:
>> > What exactly is different about the CE verison of the 85?
>> Well, the CE version TI-85 is the one where there are the letters CE on
>> the back of the TI where the serial # is.  These are the newer TI85s.
>> CE stands for European Community, and it basically is the equivalent of
>> an FCC regulation in Europe.
>>
>> What's different?  The entire inside is different.  I don't why this is
>> the case.  I've accelerated my regular TI85 and my friend has
>> accelerated his original 85 and his new CE TI85.  The CE version is a
>> little trickier to accelerate but it is possible.  Let me go ask me in
>> detail how it was done.

I saw the CE symbol on a box of colored pencils, so I'm not too sure that it
has much to do with the FCC.  Also, I've found that the link cable included
with the CE edition of the TI-85 is slightly different, but it still works
with the older versions.  The box it comes in an the manual are slightly
different.

James Sulak

"What is beauty, or goodness, or art, or love, or God?  We're forever
teetering on the brink of the unknowable, and trying to understand what
can't be understood.  It's what makes us men."   -- Isaac Asimov