Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

Tim Gilbert wrote:

> Does anyone know what the effects of ripping C9 out of the TI-85 are other
> than acceleration.  Certainly C9 was put in the TI for a reason and cannot
> simply be taken out without other side effects to the calculator
> (miscalculations, other components getting hot and buring out, etc.)  I
> would like to accelerate my calc but I am hesitant because there may, or
> will be other negative effects.

It's not necessary for the calc to be so fast. IIRC the battery are
worn out much faster also, which may be a reason. And if you're about
the rip out the C9, make a switch! Else most (90%) ZShell games will
be to fast and you have to slow them down with a program (turboslow
or GWiz, but they don't always work although the latter works more
often :-) ).

I will never understand why ppl make their calcs faster. Is it to be able
to run basic games faster och just to be cool? Especially since the
batteries are worn out much faster, it's just so unnecessary.

<pre>
--
Jimmy Mårdell               "Trying to get a grip of life
mailto:mja@algonet.se         with all these fears i cannot hide