Re: TI-H: Turbo calcs, and bad screen connections

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Turbo calcs, and bad screen connections

Missing lines in the screen of the calculator can be sometimes
attributed to a simple problem.  Take apart the calculator, remove the
display board, and thoroughly inspect all connections along the edges of
the LCD. Sometimes scotch tape will fix the problem.  When I noticed my
calculator had lines missing, I inspected all of the connections and
found the problem right away.  I soon learned that finding the problem
was nothing, I had to fix it.  The connection had come apart right where
it met the LCD.  To fix it, I stuffed bits of cotton swabs into the
small "tube" which is formed by the flat plastic cord where it wraps
around the side of the display board.

You should see results immediately, but you may have to try stuffing and
pulling out cotton swabs several times.  Do this untill the connection
is satisfactory, and you will have a permanent fix.

-Chris