Re: TI-H: ti speed

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti speed

> > that is exactly what i did to my 85, i smashed the c9, but now the calc
> > doesnt even turn on... does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> All I am willing to say is that performing the "turbo" modification on
> your calculator, especially with such elegant methods as smashing out the
> capacitor, is simply asking for trouble.
>
> I performed the "turbo" modification to my TI-85, but I did it the proper
> way with a soldering iron, a new capacitor, and a switch. With the switch,
> I don't have to worry about using turboslow (which doesn't work with many
> Zshell programs) or anything similar. I can simply switch my calculator
> back to its original speed.
>
> Folks, if you're not going to bother to perform the modification
> properly, then frankly, we can't be bothered to help you when things go
> horribly wrong.

I turbo'd like 75 calculators and for some reason, in 4 of them, something
went wrong, and now they go through through brand new batteries in about 6
hours (with or without the calculator on). I've tried no capacitor and a
33pf, and to the best of my knowlage there's nothing else wrong with them.
Every now and then I get one to stop draining batteries for a day or two (by
re-soldering everything), but after that they start draining again. Any
ideas? =)