TI-H: Back to backlighting!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Back to backlighting!

I found one of those Lime-lights. The small compact green night-light for
those that didn't see the post. Anyway, I dismantled it and what I found
was better than I had hoped. The thing is made out of a little card with
a negative and positive terminal. The card is thinner than a credit card
and smaller than the TI-screen. Unfortunately, it plugs into the 120 volt
socket. I was hoping that it didn't need so much voltage and that
resistors stepped it down, but there was nothing in the casing except the
"glow-card." Attaching the little thing to a nine-volt may have made it
glow a little if I wasn't imagining things. This would be perfect to
stick in the calc, but we need MORE POWER! If anyone has any ideas to get
this thing to work in the calc on 6 volts, let's hear it! I don't know a
lot about electronics so even the smallest thought would be welcome. This
is for all of us, so let's hear what people have to say.

Thanks

.\\ark
Markzshell@juno.com    <can't attach files to this address>
Zarkon1000@aol.com      <checked much less frequently>