Re: TI-H: parallel link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: parallel link

Tim Gerla wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Nov 1996 18:14:46 -0500 , you wrote:
>
> >With this parallel problem I'm begining to think it has something to do
> >with either pentium boards, or something like that. There has to be away
> >around this problem. Unfortuneately I don't have the luxary of being
> >able to have an extra card in my system as every available port in my
> >computer is being used. I have a 3-way parellel spliter off my box as it
> >is. Any ideas other then the negligable serial link??
> >
> >Ed Hagopian
> >special@bbs.phantasy.com
> >

> *DON'T* use the splitter!! Make sure that the only thing connected to
> the port is your link cable. I've heard that a piggybacked link does
> not work. Good luck!

You're right; a piggybacked link does not work. But have you ever looked
inside a splitter? There is a 25-position switch, usually 3 or 5 poles.
Each of the 2 (or 4) output connectors is entirely electrically isolated
from the others. It is connected pin-for-pin to the input connector.

<pre>
--
Greg Hill
http://braves.bhs.davis.k12.ut.us/