Re: TI-H: RT-Link Price Query

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: RT-Link Price Query

Robin, Jim, & Eric Barker wrote:

> I would make it the lowest possible because many people would buy 2 of
> them.  If it is a set frequency it should be about $20-$30, if it has an
> A/B switch sell if for $40-$50, but people need to buy the set frequncy
> in a pair, so it will be about $40-$60 for the pair.  $10-$25, as
> someone suggested, is a bit too low for a good RT.

Forgive me if I sound rude, but I'd never buy a $50 link, radio or not.
The idea of it having a similar price tag to the TI-GraphLink is a
bit... well, you know, wierd. I think $30 would be a reasonable max
price for a ready to sell sink. If it means having a set frequency, then
so be it. By the way, (please correct me if I'm wrong) doesn't a
variable frequency radio just have a trimmer cap. or variable inductor
coil rather than a fixed one? I don't think that making the radio have a
variable freq. would ever cost up to $10, so a variable radio could be
about $30 (preferably less).

Muhammed
<pre>
--