Re: TI-H: In desperate need of help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: In desperate need of help

>Jason C. Wenger wrote:
>>
>> [SNIP]
>>
>> >I also think I figured out how to(with a mess of modifications)
disable
>> >the ROM through a shell, and enable the processor to be upgraded by
>> >something like the Z8002. <---that sucker is 16-bit!!  I will soon be
>> >checking compatability for the Zilogs 32-bit microprocessors.
>>
>> And a Pentium, and a Phoenix BIOS, and a SVGA card, and ...
>>
>> Just take the TI for what it is.
>>
>> Jason "Thursday" Wenger
>> jwenger@juno.com
>> Illegitimi no carborundum
>WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM????
>Get a clue, this is the ti-hardware list, we have discussions about the
>possibilities of tamperign with the ti's hardware. We talk about
>increasing the capabilities of the calculator through long-distance
>links, ram expansions, turbo conversion and yes, even processor
>upgrades! My processor idea is exactly the sort of thing people on this
>list want to hear about and contribute to(at least I hope so).  Untill
>you can lighten up about other people's ideas, get off this list.  If
>you want to "take the TI for what it is", then LEAVE!
>
>Ahhhh...I feel better.
>
>-Chris

Acceleration, I know is feasible.  RAM upgrades and long distance links I
think are also possible.  I'm just stating that I think difficulty (and
cost) involved in attempting to retrofit the TI-85 with a new processor
would be overwhelming, especially with a 16 or 32 bit processor. (esp.
with a surface-mount chip)

BTW, lighten up... no offense intended.

Jason "Thursday" Wenger
jwenger@juno.com