Re: TI-H: In desperate need of help

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: In desperate need of help

> One question, tho.   WHO IS GOING TO BE WILLING TO TRUST __ANYONE__ TO TELL
> THEM HOW TO MESS AROUND AND TAKE RISKS WITH $100???
>
> I REALLY like the idea of upgrading the processor in the '85, but I think
> almost anyone would be afraid of TOTALLY screwing up their calc.  Please
> understand: this isn't a flame.
>
> >From what you've said, you're going to HAVE to do some mass circut(SP?)
> work.  (It would be preatty neat to have a ZIF port(?) for a chip in an
> '85..:)  I'm preatty reckless with the modifications I'm willing to make to
> things, but change the PROCESSOR?
>
> If it can be done safely, I'm ready to try it.  But one could really ruin
> one's calc if one was not careful...
>
> Sorry if this seemed like a flame.  Didn't me for it to be.
>
> Thanx for reading this!
Thank god someone here can understand constructive criticizm.  I
understand that this is a big undertaking, but all-in-all this will end
up being quite economical. That is, once I can find a reasonably fast
way to switch from one processor to another besides finding a compatible
processor that is my biggest obstacle. I understand that I will totally
screw two or three calculators before this works, but I've already found
two used ones that frequently freeze, and aren't very useful to their
owners.

(P.S. There are plenty of rich morons who aren't worried about breaking
their calculators!)

-Oh, and I NEED BROKEN CALCULATORS!!!!