TI-H: Would this work? I'm not sure.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Would this work? I'm not sure.

I've been thinking on how to both send and recieve on the same line.  I have
no clue if this will work, or if there's a special IC (or whatever) to do this.

                       FM Rcv

                     _opto-iso_
                    /          \
Red-----------------|          |----------------------------diode
                    \_opto-iso_/                              |
                         |                                    |
                      FM Trans                                |

                                                              |--Gnd(?)
                       FM Rcv                                 |
                         |                                    |
                     _opto-iso_                               |
                    /          \                              |
White---------------|          |----------------------------diode
                    \_opto-iso_/

                      FM Trans

OK.  I hope you understood all that.  Please note a few things, tho.

1. Each FM device will have to be set for a different frequency. (I think)

2. The opto-iso's will have to be in diff directions for the trans & rcv (I
         know, I know)

3. This is for one calc.

4. The send freq on one calc will have to be matched with the rcv freq for
        the other, for each wire.      (did that make sense?)

5. If this design would work, there would have to be a manual switch that
could cause the Transmitter to send, and an LED in that circut, plus an LED
on the rcv of the other calc.  In order to assure that the freqs match.

Please respond telling me if this SHOULD work.  And thanx for reading this.

BTW:  If you really think I'm stupid, and you want me shot, flame me in
        private.  The other people shouldn't have to deal with that kind of
        mail in their mailbox.
<pre>
"Who's there in the other devil's name?  Faith, here's an equivocator, that
could swear in both the scales against either scale;  who committed treason
enough for God's sake, yet could not equivocate into heaven.  O, come in,
equivocator!"
		     ---The Porter speaking as the porter of the "hell gate".
			Macbeth,  Act II, Scene III, lines 7-11.
</pre>