Re: TI-H: What we need to concentrate on with the RF

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: What we need to concentrate on with the RF

>>>Ok here are some things we should stick to with the RF (whatever that
>>>stands for) link, here is what we need to concentrate on):
>>>
>>>1. Lets stop talking about the IR link, it's not as affective as the
RF link.
>>>2. A two calc radio connection (not 3 or more)
>>>3. The user should be able to change the frequency, no making 2
different >>>links, that's a waste.

>> [SNIP]
>>
>> Right-- multifrequency.  But let's not use potentiometers, but 20
>> position rotary switches or something like that...  That way no need
>> fine-fune.  (like CB, not radio-- channels instead of frequencies.)
>
>No, not multi-frequency. For every posiotion, you add cost. Every switch
is
>like a separate RF transmitter/receiver. So a 20 position switcher is
gonna
>cost 20x more than a 1 position one.

Okay... I don't know too much about electronics so I'm probably wrong...
but here's my idea...  You use a R-C circuit to determine the operating
frequency, right?  Well, if you use a potentiometer instead of a fixed
resistor, you cna control the frequency.  if, however you nad a
multi-position switch and connected resistors from one lead to antother,
the resistance would change by even anounts when you changed positions...
Here's a drawing (5-channel).  It should be a radial switch, but I drew
it linear 'cuz its ASCII.

   ### means a resistor.

            50k     10k   10k   10k   10k
                  1     2     3     4     5

                              | <- movable contact

I don't know about the resistor values... this is just an idea.

Jason "Thursday" Wenger
jwenger@juno.com
Illegitimi no carborundum