Re: TI-H: Come on you guys, no more talk of cheating

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Robin, Jim, & Eric Barker wrote:

> Come on people, you're too worried about being suspicious.  Are you
> prepared to stoop low enough to actually cheat on a test with one of
> these things?  Come on, a teacher will find out some day and then no one
> will be able to use them in your school, they may even make strict
> guidlines about the calculators themselves.  Let's not make this as a
> cheater and something you have to hide, a life of secrecy is no life at
> all.  Lets make a legal unit that could really be useful, maybe even
> productive that the teachers won't be "suspicious" of.  I have no
> problem with a small box that would hook up to the calc.  Let's
> completely drop all subjects of cheating on tests.  This is a study and
> game tool, except for the TI-OS which we don't talk much about.
>
> Eric Barker

That's my opinion too...you can't cheat for long with these, and after
all, chaeating isn't that fun. And you can always stuff your memory full
of information from books, if you like to cheat. Unless someone makes an
IR or RF link that fits inside the calc (I doubt this will happen),
cheating will be very difficult in the long term.

-Ozone

<pre>
--
*** Osma Suominen *** <a href="mailto:ozone@clinet.fi">ozone@clinet.fi</a> *** http://www.clinet.fi/~ozone