TI-H: Link cunstruction status

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Link cunstruction status

The ground rumbles, the skies darken, Site emerges...

Ok, just as a status update I currently have a modem circuit and am in
the proccess of checking it over, modifying it, etc.   This will, of
course, only modulate the data unto audio frequencies.  I have little to
no experiance in the radio field, but all that is needed is a tuneable
2-way (2 freq) AUDIO radio link.  There is still an outstanding question
that needs to be addressed:

The TI-link interface.  As many have pointed out, the TI protocol uses
both lines as biderectional.  I have had some ideas for modulating both
lines simultaniouslly, but I don't know what kind of DTR to expect so I
won't say anything until I find out if it works.  However, if this simple
idea doesn't work we have to come up with an alternative.  We could use R
as send and W as recieve, but then the TI protocol woul dnot work and
this is not an approach I lean towards, but would be the simpliest to
construct.  Another idea is to have an interface between the modem and
the TI.  I'm dabbling in this also right now, and I'll keep everyone
informed as to my status.  Wish me luck...

Which one of these 3 ideas do you people out there prefer?  Some feedback
would be nice...  BTW has anyone ever measured the speed of the TI
protocol in bits per second?  This could be really usefull information to
know so we know what speeds we should attain...  That's one of the
beuties of the TI protocol, it will accept LARGE propogation delays.
That part is really nice...  really nice...

Before I do more work on the third alternative, I need to know.  Does the
TI protocol apply all the time to al lbytes, or does it sometimes use
other ways of sending data... (This wouldn't matter in the first idea,
and the second isn't compatible anyway)

Since I'm not in HS, all this talk relating to it is somewhat
humorous...  :D

The one, the only, the SITE!          SITE was here!  Where?  Here!