Re: TI-H: What we need to concentrate on with the

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: What we need to concentrate on with the

TI>Zenon Lynx wrote:
TI>>
TI>> Well, if the IR link can send signals through the calc walls, and it will
TI>> be placed inside the calc, I'm all for it!  The problem is, not everyone i
TI>> everybody's class is on this list, and I doubt it if they will let you
TI>> tamper with their calcs and put an IR link in it.  I propose both an
TI>> internal one (for us calc power freaks) and an external one that you can
TI>> lend out to someone for them to use with you in the meantime.

TI>Did you read the previous message today titled "Re: TI-H: RF link idea
TI>again" by Levi Masterson.  He is right.  Ther is no room inside the
TI>TI-85 for such a device.  We are not talking about a computer chip here,
TI>we are talking about a whole unit that might take up some space.  Even
TI>if it were about the size of a chip, it probably wouldn't fit anyway.  I
TI>sent a message out about what would be "nice" to have.  A unit about 1 X
TI>1 X 3 inches that would fit perfectly into the back of your calc.  Of
TI>cource this would be hard to make.  Neither an RF or and IR link would
TI>ever fit inside the ti-85 casing.

       If you remove part of that shield and surface mount most of the
stuff, it should be feasable for at aleast the IR link.. You don't need
a whole bunch of room for a few transistors and  chips.. and the LED's
can be but anywhere on the exterior of the case..

Zarquon
Sysop of Imperial Realm (410) 799-8616