Re: TI-H: Come on you guys, no more talk of cheating

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 05:20 PM 11/5/96 -0800, you wrote:
>James Sulak wrote:
>>
>> >Because that would make it look suspicious in a test wouldn't it?  Also,
>> >you can't network calcs together this way...
>>
>> Since there is very limited space inside the TI-8x series (at least the 85),
>> the only way to make a radio or IR link that I can see is a small external
>> box, which would also look suspicious...
>
>Come on people, you're too worried about being suspicious.  Are you
>prepared to stoop low enough to actually cheat on a test with one of
>these things?  Come on, a teacher will find out some day and then no one
>will be able to use them in your school, they may even make strict
>guidlines about the calculators themselves.  Let's not make this as a
>cheater and something you have to hide, a life of secrecy is no life at
>all.  Lets make a legal unit that could really be useful, maybe even
>productive that the teachers won't be "suspicious" of.  I have no
>problem with a small box that would hook up to the calc.  Let's
>completely drop all subjects of cheating on tests.  This is a study and
>game tool, except for the TI-OS which we don't talk much about.
>
>Eric Barker

hehe.. speaking of guidelines.. I brought Zshell to my school last year and
everyone was playing it all the time.  My school sucks so bad they put it in
our handbook that you could get a detention if you were caught w/ any games
on the calc :)
Doesn't that suck?
But luckily, they don't strictly enforce it :)