Re: TI-H: End of link cable broke off in I/O port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: End of link cable broke off in I/O port

> >Hey, thanks!  I'll use a micro-thin super-highpowered magnet to remove
> >the alluminum plug, and then I'll plug in a good plug and transfer
> >all my valuable science fair data, which means more to me than life
> >itself, from the calculator to my computer.  What could go wrong?
> >
> >Craig McPherson
> >*signature clipped*
>
> Actually, from screwing arround, a magnet had no effect on my calc.  Again,
> it wasn't a super-high-powered magnet, but still, it didn't have much
> effect.  Magnets affect disks and such because they are MAGNETIC media.
> Static ram is not magnetic media, and it seems logical that a magnet (low
> to moderatley powered) should not have much effect on the calc.  What, you
> don't have your calc backed up on your computer?

A) Alluminium isn't magnetic
B) The link isn't alluminium
C) I can say this from experience (and learning the hard way):

First pop the back and look at the link port. Depending on your rom version it
will either be soldier'd on the board (so that you have to get a new
calculator if you screw up) or it will be on a seperate mounted circuit board
attached by 3 wires (but because its near impossible to obtain another one of
these jacks/boards you'll still have to buy a new calc if you screw up). If
its on a seperate board, CAREFULLY melt away the plastic from the back of the
link, and push the broken head out. If its attached to the main board, just
push the broken tip out from the back. Enjoy, and if you end up with a
non-linkable calculator, welcome to my hell...