TI-H: End of link cable broke off in I/O port

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: End of link cable broke off in I/O port

I need help!  I recently discovered that the end of a link
cable had broken off in my TI-83 graphing calculator.  When I
discovered the obstruction, I tried to force in a graph link cable, and then
when the graph link wouldn't go  in, I pluged the graph link into my 92, and
when I pulled it out the  end of IT didn't come out!  I've pretty much
ruined two calculators  (both mine, fortunately) and a graph-link cable
(not mine) in the same day!  I've never actually gone internal with my calculators
before, but I will if I need to.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I
can get it out without dissasembling the calculator, and do you have any suggestions on how to take apart the calculators, remove the
obstructions, and preferably put them back together in one piece?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Craig McPherson
The Arkansas School for Mathematics and Sciences
100 Whittington Avenue
Hot Springs, Arkansas  71901

PHONE:  Yeah, right.
E-MAIL:  Are you too lazy to scroll back to the top of this
message and look for yourself?

The following sentence is true.
The preceding sentence is false.

Never use a preposition to end a sentence with.

What is the answer to this question?

I'm the most open-minded person there is, and nothing
anyone says will make me think otherwise.

Bad spellers of the world, untie!

"This year will go down in history.  For the first time, a
civilized nation has full gun registration!  Our streets
will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world
will follow our lead into the future!" -Adolph Hitler,
Berlin, Germany, 1935.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" -Paragon
Soolamesh Astradraya Damdangmaren

"As director of ASMS, I have 2 fundamental
obligations which are inextricably intertwined
with one another, namely accountability to the
state assembly as well as the aggregate of tax-
payers which that assembly represents for the
monies and property which have been invested in
ASMS and also accountability for the health, safe-
ty and welfare of the students of whom in loco
parentis we of the administration, faculty and
staff, on behalf of the Board of Trustees, are
the stewards.  Success in these 2 obligations lays
the foundation for the pedagogical goals of the
school, goals which are anchored in the legislat-
ive enabling act as the school's mission and which
are formally atriculated by the board as the school's
vision.  These goals are to train our students in
the art of teamwork, to promote problem solving
whether interpersonal or academic, to enhance
critical thinking skills, to instill a sense of
academic freedom, to assist students in under-
standing the connections among disciplines within
the contexts of logic, ethics and aesthetics and
finally to ensure proficiency in the 3 symbol sys-
tems:  mathematical, linguistic and cultural, all
of which are represented in the ASMS curriculum."
-Robert Peters, 1996 (I'm not making this up)

"A king's castle is his home"
"All that glitters has a high refractive index"
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."
"Computer programmers don't byte, they nybble a bit"
"Don't force it, get a larger hammer"
"Don't hate yourself in the morning -- sleep till noon."
"Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die."
"If you're not part of the solution, be part of the problem!"
"NyQuil - The stuffy, sneezy, why-the-hell-is-the-room-spinning medicine."
"The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth."
"The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it."
"When in doubt, don't bother."