Re: TI-H: More Questions about RF links

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: More Questions about RF links

> Ok, I'm trying to understand just how the transmitter and reciever would
> interact.  I suppose that the transmitter and reciever would have to be
> set to different frequencies so that the reciever doesn't pick up the
> transmitter's transmissions.

Right on.

> Or is there a way around this?  On CB or
> Amiture Radio, only one side can transmit at one time.

That's because send/recv are on the exact same frequencies.

>  How do you plan
> to make a simple method of setting up the two calc link?  Would each RF
> have two nobs one for transmittion frequency and one for recieving
> frequency?

Probably pre-tuned. You just plug 'em into the calc and go.

> Lets say that Calc A is set to recieve at 300Mhz and
> transmit at 320Mhz, and Clac B is set to recieve at 320Mhz and transmit
> at 300 Mhz.  Is this how it would work?

Yes!

>  Also, how could you put in a
> multi-calc link so you could play multiple player games, or three way
> chat?

I don't think so right now. If you have three calcs, you'd need 3 differnt
freqs. You'd need a network router of sort. I don't want to get into that
now. So don't ask. Lets stick with the basics and get a working 2-calc link
going.
Chill,
travis
    /         Travis Pettijohn         \