TI-H: Q and C about long distence links

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Q and C about long distence links

I have a question about any kind of long distence link usage such as an
Radio Transmission Link or an Infered Link.  Let me use an example.
When I call someone on the phone, the phone is on and ready for a
transmission, that way, the phone will give a ring and I (hopefully)
will answer it.  But with a link on the calculator, the calc isn't
always on, and if it is it probably is doing something other than
listening for a link transmission.  What then?  You can write a program
to patch ZShell so that it will be constently be listening for a
transmission but then it would slow down ZShell programs consiterably.
So if there will be an RTL or IRL what will be done about it?

	Also, if there are three long distence link fitted calcs in the area,
who is going to know who's taling with who?  I mean, you can easily send
location flags before a transmission with a modem, but we are talking
about a 5Mhz proccessor here.  It would really slow things down.

Eric B.