Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

>Hi everyone,
>	I'm kinda new on this list and pretty new to messing with hardware
>as well.  I've read the instructions about how to accelerate the TI-85 but
>decided to first try it on my TI-81.  I pulled out the C9 and decided not
>to replace it with a lower rating cap until I started getting errors on my
>calc.  Well, it didn't seem to have any effect....

I've never lost a line across my screen.  And on the 81, I think that the
c9 in it doesn't accelerate it.  To my knolwedge, only the 85 has a speed
limiting capacitor.  I had a hell of a time removing the capicitor, the
best advice I can give you is get a REALLY sharp soldering iron tip, a
desoldering bulb, tweasers, and be carefull.  I use the radio shack butane
cordless iron, and I melted the plastic coating off of the ribon cable in
one place, but it still works.  I know a friend that propped his soldering
iron up for a minute while he went to get something.  When he came back, it
had fallen off and landed on the U4 ic.  It burden a square hole in the PC
board, and needless to say he uses an HP now.  You could even try to burn
out the capicitor by over-heating it, and just solder a new 33pf capicitor
to one end of the old one.  Be carefull, it takes a lot of heat but it's
pretty easy to burn out a surface mount capacitor.  Then you use the
schematic for the switch and the 1pf cap in the accel85.txt file.

                                           -C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.