Re: TI-H: HOMEMADE LINK for TI-83?!?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: HOMEMADE LINK for TI-83?!?

>       Since an -83 will receive programs, etc. from an -82, couldn't we
>use the serial cable and -82 software to at least send programs and
>string (Assembler) files to the -83?  Just a thought..

Yes, but there is a slight difference in the send/receive protocols between
the 82 and the 83.  I don't know what the difference is, but you can't send
files between them, except for lists.  Also, assembler files are stored as
programs, in hex object code.  I've been playing arround a while with the
idea of ZShell for the 83, but it doesn't look too promising.  First, there
is no checksum byte, or at least not to my knowledge.  Second, ALL
assembler programs on the 83 start at address 95A7, or something like that.
(yes, I'm aware that that is an ODD address, but that's what TI says.)  So
if there was a ZShell, it would need serious work to calculate where the
program starts, and the jump off sets.  And I don't have the time to do
this.  Magnus might re-write zshell for the 83, or some of you could bug
him for the src to zshell 1.0, and port it.

                                           -C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.