Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

Hi everyone,
	I'm kinda new on this list and pretty new to messing with hardware
as well.  I've read the instructions about how to accelerate the TI-85 but
decided to first try it on my TI-81.  I pulled out the C9 and decided not
to replace it with a lower rating cap until I started getting errors on my
calc.  Well, it didn't seem to have any effect.  It seems to run about the
same speed and when I compared it to my 85, it was able to run just a
little bit faster...I'm assuming this is always the case since the 81 has
fewer pixels to deal with and probably less OS overhead.  I was still
kinda optimistic and decided to try to pull out the C9 on my 85, assuming
maybe I just had an old 81 which the technique wouldn't work on or
something.  I noticed the C9 was right below the display board, out of
reach for my soldering iron, so I pulled out the display board and then
started to desolder the cap out.  Well, guess what...I must of got
impatient or less cautious or something and I burned a hole right through
the ribbon wire connecting the main board with the display board.
Needless to say, the calc doesn't work anymore.  But despite this, I'd
like to try it again.  Can someone tell me if there's an easier way to
remove the cap?  Also, my roommate was telling that from his experiences
of TI-85s, whenever he removed the display board and put it back in, he
lost a line or two of the display.  Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks in advance!

	-Bart
	 pola@cns.uni.edu