Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: ti-turbo

>Zenon Lynx wrote:
>>
>> Someone (maybe Mel) said that the calc is now running at 6Mhz, and if you
>> turbo it or do something else to over speed it, it will be overclocked and
>> will run faster than 6MHz like say 18MHz.  Just regurgitating what other
>> techs have said...

  The clock does run at 6Mhz, but there is a capacitor that forces it to
wait between each clock cycle.  This capacitor slows it down to 1Mhz.  Why
TI did this, no one knows (or at least no one has told me.  If some body
knows, I'd love for you to share the info with me), but the 82, 81, and 83
don't have it. (again, only to my knowledge, it's just what I've been
told).

                                           -C.J.-

Unsolicited commercial e-mail to the poster of this message
will be proofread at $70/hr, minimum charge $150.  Submission
of such e-mail to this address will suffice as contractual assent
to the said charging schedule.