Re: TI-H: $5 parallel link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: $5 parallel link

GoRK wrote:

> At 07:34 PM 12/21/96 +0100, you wrote:
> >that1guy@juno.com wrote:
> >>
> >> The Parallel Link will NOT Work on anything faster than a 486!!! Try
> >> changing some settings, otherwise I have never seen it done :(
> >>
> >That is not true. I have a pentium 75 and it works fine with the
> >parallel link.
> >

> I as well have a P-90 and it will work!! Why would yo usay sometyhing like
> that? DO you know why?  Maybe you are talking about the new ADVANCED
> parralel ports.  I dont really know the difference of it, but maybe that is
> it.  Other than that I see no reason that it just would not work with
> anything over 486.
>
> -GoRK
The parallel interface is clocked, so bus speed and processor speed has
nothing to do with it.  I don't know exactly how the enhanced parallel
port works, but have heard that people have had problems with it.  I
will try to find the schematics and find out why.  I also have heard
that some people have had problems with links if they piggyback them.
Also, if you are running under windows, check you parallel port settings
(irq, address, and such) sometimes that is set wrong.