Re: TI-H: New gray link.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: New gray link.

At 12:10 PM 12/12/96 -0500, A.K.A. TheWiz wrote:
>  I had im mind trying to build-my-own as I'm a poor HS student... but if
>it's that complex, it's probably cheaper to just buy it...

Yes it would be cheaper to buy one.  I paid $35 or so at Staples.

The link cable has, as it's heart,  a microcontroller.   It uses a PIC
16C54.  There are a bunch of web pages that support the PIC
microcontrollers.  Once you get past the cost of the programmer and code
developement, you could build anything you want and connect it to the calc.

The reason I posted the information about the link in the first place, was
to let everyone know that the link cable is the real world 9600 bps
interface we need to connect the calc to anything we can think of.   All we
need is the zshell software to support it.