Re: TI-H: Indiglo (and other EL) backlighting

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RedLionPA@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 96-12-10 21:11:44 EST, Greg Hill wrote:
>
> << The inverter package
>  <<is about 1x.5x.75 inches, with 3 pins sticking out the bottom. I
>  <<seriously doubt it would be possible to fit an inverter inside the TI,
>  <<however, it shouldn't be too difficult to install a jack or other
>  <<connector to pass the DC out to supply the inverter, and the AC back
>  <<into the TI to power the EL panel. >>
>
> no crticism here, but Why not use another battery (such as a 9V) if you
> already have an external package this size.  This way, you wouldn't have to
> drill a hole in the TI and The TI's batteries would last longer.
>
> Jeremy Laucks

I've thought about that. If I were to do a backlight project, I would
use an external battery supply for the backlight. It would last much
longer and the battery could be removed when unneeded. But you've still
got to get the power inside the TI case to the backlight..

--
Greg Hill
http://braves.bhs.davis.k12.ut.us/