Re: ti-emu: ROM-DUMP

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ti-emu: ROM-DUMP

> Hartmut Brüning wrote:
>

>How to get a Romdump with TI Graph-Link
>---------------------------------------
>
>I also had a lot of problems of getting a correct Rom-Dump of my TI-92.
>
>My Way to get a Rom-Dump:
>
>1. Load www.ticalc.org/pub/dos/link/romdump2.zip.
>2. Install FargoII with Romdump1 (raw), Hexdump and FTERM.
>3. Start ROMDUMP.EXE from DOS but tell him your ROM is bigger than one
>   or two MB. 1048580 byte instead of 1048576 byte for instance.
>4. Start romdump1 (raw) on the TI-92 with connected Graph-Link.
>5. Wait about twenty minutes.
>6. Now ROMDUMP.EXE on your computer cannot be ready, because it waits
>for
>   the last few bytes. So start FTERM on the TI-92 and add a few rest
>bytes.
>7. Now You need a hex-viewer which is able to dump a short part out of
>   big file (I used the included hex-editor in the DOS-Expander, the
>   only good NC clone). You Start your hex-viewer/editor on the
computer
>   and the hexdump on your TI-92. You mark the Begin ,which is
strangely
>   not the beginning of the file, of the Rom in the created File (You
>can
>   see how looks the Begining like on TI-92 hexdump) and extract exact
>   1048576 or 2097152 bytes out of this file) The extracted bytes are
>the
>   ROM.
>

>I hope you could undestand everything and I could help you. I am from
>Germany, so sorry for my bad English. If you don´t want that I write
>further texts, let me know it or put me on our kill-file.
>
>hartmut.bruening@online.de

Wow, that's a pretty good work around... don't you wish that people made
stuff that you didn't have to have work arounds for? :P

Hm.., actually your english isn't bad.  Didn't even suspect that you
were foreign till step 7.  You're english is probably about the same as
my german, and I'm studying that as my major. :)

Dein English war sehr gut, veilleicht besser als mein Deutsch!  Und ich
studiere es als Hauptfach!  :)

Daniel Foesch