RE[x] (where x is an integer from 1 to a large #) ti-emu: The ROM guy

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE[x] (where x is an integer from 1 to a large #) ti-emu: The ROM guy

>Blackhaze,

<snip>

>>> parallel cables don't work w/ high speed pcs, unless u have an old card.
>
>Not true, I'm using mine on a PII 266MHz. I even have it running off
>the ZIP drive parallel passthrough (Which I swap cables with my
>printer depending on which one I need to work with).

why is it w/ zip drives?!?!?  go fig.

<snip>
>I bought p/n 172-2304  72"  cable from Mouser electronics (one end has
>the 2.5mm stereo plug, and the other has just the tinned wires), and
>the 333-1N4148 signal diodes from Mouser too. I used the schematic
>that did _not_ ground those extra pins, so I guess both work. I have
>built two of these, one I carry with my laptop (A measly little
>386SX-16), but both of my cables work on both machines.

i chopped an old parallel cable, and chopped a ti-ti link in half and spliced them.

now, i think i found the prob...  look, per favore?

this is the view from the BACK OF THE LINK... (the side w/ the wires...)

 ....00000000

logically this should work cuz i have another pl plug and it has the #s on it... perhaps this is wrong, and i'm fucked up, so please look at your links and tell me if i have it backwards (that would suck).

i'm using the correct diodes, "Silicon Switching Diodes (10) from Radio Shack, type 1N914/1N4148"

the anode & cathode are fine.

the link's not for me, 4 a friend giving me lots of files (Win98, WinNT4, WatcomC/C++ 10.6, Photoshop 5, and a CD that i need copied in a diff format cuz my CDROM won't read the fuxing thing. [arrgh])

-Greg

<snip big>