Re[2]: [Re: Re: ti-emu: The ROM guy]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re[2]: [Re: Re: ti-emu: The ROM guy]

Blackhaze,

On Sunday, 31 May 98, at 10:13 AM you wrote:
_________________________ Begin Quoted Text _________________________

This message was more or less directed to Greg, but I replied to this
one because it had more of the information I wanted to reply to.  :)

>> parallel cables don't work w/ high speed pcs, unless u have an old card.

Not true, I'm using mine on a PII 266MHz. I even have it running off
the ZIP drive parallel passthrough (Which I swap cables with my
printer depending on which one I need to work with).

> I found a special schem. for the parallel link that grounds a few more
> pins, I'm useing about 3foot of cable with NO shielding.  Mabey it's the
> additional grounding of pins?

I bought p/n 172-2304  72"  cable from Mouser electronics (one end has
the 2.5mm stereo plug, and the other has just the tinned wires), and
the 333-1N4148 signal diodes from Mouser too. I used the schematic
that did _not_ ground those extra pins, so I guess both work. I have
built two of these, one I carry with my laptop (A measly little
386SX-16), but both of my cables work on both machines.

Now, Before I bought my PII, I had a P-90, and my cables did _not_
work (These are the same one's I'm referring to above.) No matter what
I tried, it just wouldn't work.

Hope you get it working Greg.

BTW, I'm using Link85-xp, but I have used most of all the link
programs for the TI-85 at one time or another without incident.

_________________________  End Quoted Text  _________________________

Leif Gregory
<mailto:ldgregory@biogate.com>

<http://www.0rdernet.com/Warped_Realities/>
(2D/3D Graphics, electronics, TI85, and a mirror for the
Hardware Book, the largest collection of pinouts and cable
diagrams).

Join the Virtual Book Of Knowledge mailing list (tips, tricks,
shortcuts, and other really interesting information). Click here
to sign up:
<mailto:ldgregory@biogate.com?subject=Subscribe_VBOK>

If you would like to try it out before signing up, click here:
<mailto:ldgregory@biogate.com?subject=Get_VBOK_8>